Programs: Hygiene Facilities and Basic Needs
Dégagé provides a place to brush your teeth, do your laundry, iron your clothes, comb your hair, use the restroom, and wash your hands—all simple tasks, but tasks that can be impossible if you don't have a place of your own. Dégagé Ministries offers access to basic hygiene facilities in its Life Enrichment Center on the second floor. The following are highlights of services offered:
- Private showers may be taken at no cost. Dégagé is the only place in the neighborhood where private showers are offered. An average of 206 showers are taken per week.
- A laundromat allows patrons the opportunity to wash their clothing for a minimal fee. An average of 120 loads are washed per week.
- Twice per week volunteers provide haircuts.
- Over 55 personal care bags are distributed each week with items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant and lotion.
- Patrons can purchase underwear, socks, and shirts during operating hours.
- Over 70 lockers are available to rent. These lockers provide a safe place for patrons to store their personal belongings while living in the mission or on the street.
- A message center provides a mailing address that is utilized by over 400 individuals to assist those without a permanent address.
- Support groups such as AA, Dual Recovery and Bible Study are offered.