Since 1967, Dégagé Ministries has offered responsive programming to homeless and low-income individuals. Everyday 400-500 people come to Dégagé to receive assistance with immediate and long-term needs. They walk through our doors searching for help and hope. For some of them, that may be a place to rest their head or receive a warm meal. For others, it may be a person to share their burden or a friend to hold their hand. It may be a place to safely escape an abusive relationship or a distraction to keep them from a destructive habit. It may be to take a shower, pick-up their mail or do their laundry.
Dégagé Ministries has created numerous programs to meet their unique needs. These programs include:
Dégagé Ministries is an independent 501(c)3 ecumenical organization.
- Overnight shelter for women in crisis
- Low-cost and free meals
- Hygiene facilities such as showers, laundry and haircuts
- Lockers to safely store belongings
- Identification through the State Identification Program
- Supportive Services to meet housing, employment and other goals
- Pro-bono legal services
- Support groups and Bible studies
- Consumer choice food pantry